Thursday, February 11, 2016

My Whole30 Journey: Day 31

It's over.

My 30 days of dieting--the first I've ever done--finished last night. To celebrate, I went to a new hairstylist and chopped my hair (it was halfway down my back). Now I have a reverse bob that only goes to my chin in the front. But I love it.

Last night, I accepted the cookies and candy my small group offered and tucked them away to enjoy today. But the truth is: I still intend to follow the habits I've formed in the past 30 days. I plan to eat eggs and bacon for breakfast, one of my Paleo breakfast scramble meals for lunch (with some grilled potatoes and an orange), and something else appropriate for dinner. But it'll be nice to enjoy a few treats I desperately missed--oh, chocolate most of all!

Okay, now for the numbers.

Weight:
Before: 145
Now: ...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
135

That's right. I lost 10 pounds. Would I like to get down to 130? Maybe, but that's more than I expected to lose. My waist size has improved slightly, but I didn't really notice a change in my stomach. Though hubby insists he can tell.

Goodbye, Whole30.
Welcome, new life. Maybe Paleo.
But the important thing is...I did it!

1 comment:

  1. That is really great. I'll pray you and Rudy can both keep the good eating habits going. Pray for Patti and I as we are having a heck of a time getting started with improving our health through eating choices.

    ReplyDelete