Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Birthday to me! :)

Just wanted to stop and give a quick blurb on my birthday.  First, I started yesterday with bad news.  I was not one of the 60 selected for Pitch Madness.  BUT I have gained new insight into CINDERFELLA.  I read through the selections and through some great conversations on Writer's Unboxed on Facebook.  I realized two things:  1.  Most of the pitches were for characters over 15.  2.  I have been seriously boxing myself in trying to make it MG.  I am so excited to get back to business and loosen the strings of the love story in this book.

Since I know the entire story inside and out (it's finished), I can dig in and let the scenes unfold the way I experienced them when I wrote them.  I mean Cinderfella and a princess is a LOVE story.

I have also made another writer friend who is in the same boat as I am.  It's so nice to share things with each other.  The writing community really binds people together.  I am excited to get a critique partner or two and get to work.  I really want to be querying after the new year.

The exciting thing is I have no idea what exactly is in my future.  I am just taking this journey one step at a time and loving every minute of it.

2 comments:

  1. So glad your happy with your decision to bump it up to YA. I'm still confused with mine. I feel like it is set firmly between the two age classifications and works well there. For the moment, I'm just going to finish it as it is. It might be YA... I'm not sure!

    I'm excited for you to start querying! It has been a really neat time for me. Even the rejections pile up with a bit of satisfaction because I can see that I'm out there and I'm trying. One day we'll be published. Until then, we'll enjoy the journey, like you said :)

    -dustin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete